Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Friends

You know I never really realized how many time Friend or Friends are talked about in the Bible.
I guess the most famous one was David and Johnathan but there are so many more. Some were good friends some were not so good. I am so blessed t0 have three close friends like Job did but thank God they are not the same kind of friends that Job had. I know mine would never say I deserved what I got. They love me enough that they will tell me if they see me going in the wrong direction but will do it with love. Proverbs 17:17 says "A friend loves at all times". That is when things are good and when they are not so good. When I am happy or when I cry. They would even sit and cry with me if needed. They are such a blessing. I think the best friends happen kinda by accident. I didn't set out to become "best friends" with these 3 but as I found
I could trust them it just happened. Now I have lots of "just friends" but my special 3 are in a whole category of itself. One is a married lady who has become my sister. She is a only child and I have never been close to my only sister so we fill that void in each others life. One is a married man. I love him and his wife with all my heart. He and I have become close, in part I feel, because of not only a love of music but because we have a spiritual drawing that lets us lean on each other spiritually. Every one need a countability partner and we have that kind of relationship. I call him my brother because even though he is my spiritual brother it goes beyond that. ( He is prob. the only one of the 3 who will read this. Just know I love you Bro.)
The third is a man who is unmarried. We can talk to each other about almost anything. He is someone I just enjoy talking to and being with. And he has taught me so much about myself and he has no idea about it. I know God put us together as friends so we can also lean on each other.
We so often think about God sending the Mr. Right husband or Ms. Right wife into our lives but He wants to guide all our relationships. Even the ones we may not see until we are in them. I thank Him for what he has given me in my friends. I only hope I can be as good a friend to them as they have been to me. God Bless You Guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment