Sunday, March 15, 2009

Helpful Holy Spirit

This was written by a very dear friend who has only been a christian for a couple of years but has learned so much over that period, and is still learning. Some times the things that seem so simple and "well known" to us are so strange to others. Read and see what I mean.
Helpful Holy Spirit
This was written by a friend and I thought it was well worth posting. So many times we forget that we often see the light when we are on our knees. Enjoy!
Just wanted to tell something that happened a few days ago. I was working at my bench, setting a diamond in a ring. The mounting was old and I was having some difficulty getting the diamond straight and level, one side kept wanting to pop back up so I pushed down on that side with my tweezers and the diamond popped out of the setting, hit me in the chest then bounced off my thigh before disappearing. It was a small diamond and I knew it would be difficult to find so I slowly got out of my chair and carefully moved it out of the way then began my search. I stood still just looking to see if the light would reflect off of it revealing it’s hiding place, but saw nothing sparkling. I thought to myself "I bet the Holy Spirit would show me where it is, if I’d ask, but I don’t feel right asking Him something so trivial" then the tweezers I still had in my hand slipped and fell, bounced off of my leg and landed between my bench and a propane tank. It’s a tight little space, maybe a gap of two or three inches between them. I thought "wouldn’t it be cool if that’s where the diamond is and it was the Holy Spirit’s way of showing me?" so I bent down and picked up the tweezers and looked around for the diamond but did not see it. By the way, this was on the left side of my bench and when the diamond fell it hit my right thigh so I was pretty sure it would be on the floor somewhere to the right, so that is where I was concentrating my efforts. I was down on my hands and knees by this time and from that angle I saw something sparkle out of the corner of my eye .... it was the diamond! Need I tell you where? Yep, beside the propane tank right where my tweezers had landed! When I was looking straight down the light was not reflecting the way I could see it, I had to be down on my hands and knees.I think this just shows that not only is no problem too large for Him to handle, but also nothing is too small or trivial to ask of Him nor does it hurt getting on your knees once in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment