Monday, March 16, 2009

Unexpected Peace

How can you explain Gods peace. It seems like a simple question but there is so much to it.
I am going though something now that no one knows about but God. Sometimes that is the way it is. No one else knows, and no one else needs to know. There is something I have been praying about for over a year. Every time I ask God about it its almost like He "beats around the bush". Never directly answering my question but just giving me enough to keep me waiting and hoping. And now, well, I am still no closer to the answer. And what I thought was the answer may soon disappear from the picture altogether . But because I TRULY do want HIS will I have found my self satisfied in His answers even though they don't seem to be enough when I ask. Still I have a peace that I cant explain. I really thought that at this point I would be a sobbing mess. But I don't feel that way. I have come to the conclusion that if what I THOUGHT was His will is not then He has so much more for me. Its kinda like asking for a bowl of cereal but you only get one or two pieces at a time. It still satisfies your desire but you still think you want it all now even though you may not be able to balance the bowl now. But each time He gives you a little taste of what you desire it satisfies and gives peace that you almost cant figure where it came from. I guess that is "Peace that pass' all understanding". I sure don't understand it. There was a time when I didn't want to feel that peace because I wanted what I wanted at any cost. Thank God He knows all things, sees a lot further down the road and doesn't always give us what we want. Will I ever get what I ask for? I know I will. He promised it. But it may not be the way I think it will come. Which is even better. I love surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment