Sunday, March 15, 2009

To wait or not to wait?

To wait or not to wait?

If you read my blog on "Looking for Mr. Right" then you know that I, like some of you, want a romantic relationship with someone. And this is kinda what this is about.
God sometimes speaks to me in dreams and He recently answered a question I had ask in that way. I ask "If you told me what to expect from the "right man" why do I not know who he is and why is he not here?" ( I kinda sound like a child, 'why, why, why' dont I)
I want go into all the detalis but in the dream it was a man, whom I didn't reconize who, but was apparently friends with. ( Extra thought: If you cant be friends first are you sure its someone you want to be with long term?) We were enjoying each others company playing and laughing but when we seemed to be going toward being more than friends he left. Because of a past relationship that he was still hurting over, God told me "he is not ready" Now I dont know if he had recently ended a relationship, was married and widowed or divorced or just still was carring a torch for someone. But the question is do I sit and wait or try to do it myself?
OK lets weight the options. I know what God has promised me. I do not doubt it at all. And if I wait I may still be by myself for a while but when God does allow us to be together it will be all He promised me and more. Orrrrrr.....do I try on my own to make something happen and pray that it is "Gods Will"? I guess you know the answer. What is the old saying.....Only fools rush in?????
So I decide to wait and plan my life until then. I think of where I want to be 5 years from now. What do I see myself doing, where will I be living and who are my friends going to be? OK I think I have it settled in my head then guess what Jay preaches about Sunday....Having a plan for your life. (A good friend who I had shared this with was looking around trying to make eye contact because she reallized the connection at the same time I did .) We all need goals but goals that include God. So many times we dont think about including Him in not only our spiritual walk but in our finances, relationships and possessions. We seem to only include him in our "needs" but not our "wants" I dont know about you but my God wants every part of my life. Yep, He wants it all, the good, the bad, and the ugly!
So I guess I will, once again, just wait and work toward some goals in the rest of my life knowing the best is yet to come if God is sending it!!
Mama V

No comments:

Post a Comment